https://i1.wp.com/barrelbuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Gun-control.jpg?fit=660%2C495&ssl=1 495 660 jimreggioftp2 https://barrelbuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/BarrelBuddy-Logo-Master-Trans-BG-White-LT-300x119.png jimreggioftp22014-03-25 04:27:192016-08-21 13:52:56Georgia Passes Gun Rights Legislation
Some good news for gun rights. In Georgia, HB60 has passed and is headed to the Governor’s desk. Some of the bill’s clauses include:
- Removal of fingerprinting for renewal of Weapons Carry Licenses (WCL).
- Prohibiting the state from creating and maintaining a database of WCL holders.
- Creation of an absolute defense for the legal use of deadly force in the face of a violent attack.
- Removal of the sweeping restrictions on legally carrying a firearm with a WCL in churches and bars, leaving this decision to private property owners.
- Lowering the age to obtain a concealed WCL for self-defense from 21 to 18 for active duty military, with specific training.
- Repealing the unnecessary and duplicative state-required license for a firearms dealer, instead requiring only a Federal Firearms License (FFL).
- Prohibiting a ban on firearms in public housing, ensuring that the right to self-defense should not be infringed based on where one calls home.
- Codifying the ability to legally carry, with a WCL, in sterile/non-secure areas of airports.
- Including a provision that would have the state report those persons who have been involuntarily hospitalized or have been adjudicated mentally deficient to the NICS system while also providing an ability for relief through an application process to the court system for the purpose of restoration of rights.
- Stating that under a declared state of emergency, all law-abiding gun owners will not have their Second Amendment rights restricted or infringed by executive authority through Emergency Powers protection.
- Strengthening current firearms preemption statutes through further clarification of the regulatory authority of local governments, excluding firearm discharge ordinances.