Some Great News
Before I get to the great news, I want to start out with a few questions that I wish someone would have asked the former presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke.
It would of went like this:
- The federal government has passed immigration laws correct?
- There are many cities that have declared themselves as sanctuaries and do not enforce those laws correct?
- You have voiced your support for those cities correct?
- Therefore, it is perfectly fine to ignore federal laws when they don’t suit you correct?
- What will you do then when cities and counties declare themselves sanctuaries from federal gun laws? Invade them or let them be as you do with the immigration sanctuary cities?
The great news is that this has happened in a Florida county. The county has become the first in the state to pass a resolution declaring itself a “Second Amendment Sanctuary” in support of gun rights. The resolution, which passed by a 4-0 vote, says that Lake County’s law-abiding gun owners are safe from having their firearms taken away.
I would have loved to see his response because it is happening now.
You can read about it here.