Many of you have heard of the U.N treaty on small arms. This treaty if ever ratified by the Senate would be an end run around the second amendment and our constitution.
President Trump has stated his opposition to this treaty and has asked the Senate to send it back to the White House where he can dispose of it.
Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) has just introduced legislation (S. 204) to remove the U.N.’s “Small Arms Treaty” from Senate consideration and send it back to the White House where it can finally be killed.
This Treaty if ratified will do the following:
- Mandate national “screening” for those seeking to own guns, giving bureaucrats the final say on whether or not you’re “competent” enough to own a gun;
- Restrictive licensing for gun and ammo sales, and perhaps even bans on certain types of firearms. This could include anything from semi-auto rifles to shotguns and handguns!
- Restrictions on the number of guns and amount of ammo any “properly-licensed” individual may legally own;
- Bans on magazines holding more than ten rounds; and
- Bans on owning a firearm for self-defense — unless a citizen can somehow demonstrate need and get federal government approval.
I received an email from Rand Paul requesting to sign a petition make a donation. I will post a few highlights of this email then provide a link to the petition. Whether you make a donation is up to you.
- As long as the Treaty is pending in the Senate, ratification is all that’s needed for this gun grab to become reality — regardless of who occupies the White House or their position on the Treaty!
- As President Trump stated, this Treaty would effectively “allow foreign bureaucrats to trample on your Second Amendment freedom.”
- In fact, after reading through the details of the Treaty, it’s hard to see how our Second Amendment could survive such an assault.
- Perhaps the worst of the Treaty’s provisions can be found in Article V, which mandates countries establish a “National Control List” — a record-keeping system to track “end users” of “small and light weapons” for a “minimum of ten years.”
- This is an International Gun Registry, clearly designed to include detailed information on American gun owners. Just imagine foreign dictators and governments having unrestricted access to a list of every American gun owner!
As you can see there is little chance that our Second Amendment and our gun rights would survive.
Remember that registration is just the first step toward outright CONFISCATION.
Here is the link to the Petition.